New Lukas Moodysson Film - "VI ÄR BÄST!"

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's other films and films featuring actors in his films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: New Lukas Moodysson Film - "VI ÄR BÄST!"

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:05 am

Yeah, it's out in the UK, should be easy to get from eBay or some other online outlet Bruno. I'm just waiting for it to go down, like the cheapskate I am. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby bruno » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:34 am

Groan...
bruno
Gold Member

Postby fish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:01 am

Ian wrote:... like the cheapskate I am. :D

Yeah.Image
I agree with you Bruno. :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm

I was groaning because 1) it's damn expensive and 2) the credit card I linked to the paypal account expired after a long and eventful life...
bruno
Gold Member

Postby Dahls » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:16 pm

The long and eventful life of Bruno's credit card.
How much for the movie rights? :P

Vi Är Bäst is a lovely film, if you find it at a satisfying price, I say go for it. :wink:
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:09 am

bruno wrote:I am curious about this one.
Any way to buy a DVD with english subtitles ?

Ebay or Amazon, I couldn't even get it in Ireland. My girlfriend had to order it for me. It's sad how neglected Moodysson's films are on DVD.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:13 am

Dahls wrote:Vi Är Bäst is a lovely film, if you find it at a satisfying price, I say go for it. :wink:

Is it a bit early for me to say it's probably Moodysson's most fun film in his whole career, even Fucking Amal and Together had slightly dark moments in them. We Are The Best is just fun from the first minute to the last pity he didn't do this after Lilya 4 Ever, I think his career would have skyrocketed. To be fair it's getting some of his best reviews since Lilya but it's been somewhat overlooked sadly.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby snaps » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:56 pm

We Are The Best (Vi är bäst!) Interviews [in English] with Lukas Moodysson, Mira Barkhammar, Liv LeMoyne

Published on 15 Oct 2013: Premiere Scene's William McLaughlan and Mike Jonas spoke with director Lukas Moodysson and young actors Mira Barkhammar and Liv LeMoyne at Odeon West End about their film We Are The Best (Vi är bäst!). The story is of three girls who form a punk band in Sweden in 1982.

Lukas Moodysson spoke about adapting the film from his wife, Coco's comic Never Goodnight. Actresses Mira Barkhammar and Liv LeMoyne spoke about working with Moodysson and their experiences making the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_dPb6bkHIk
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:06 am

I think the kids got asked much better questions than Lukas, they sounded pretty intelligent whereas poor old Luk had to stumble around for his answers. (And to make sense of the questions.) :roll: :P

Enjoyed the clip. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:16 am

fish wrote:I think the kids got asked much better questions than Lukas, they sounded pretty intelligent whereas poor old Luk had to stumble around for his answers. (And to make sense of the questions.) :roll: :P

Enjoyed the clip. *:)*

Lukas is a deep thinker, he comes off at times been very pretentious but he doesn't make for a great interview.

The girls like most of Moodysson child performers come off like they had fun on the set. If anyone is interested in what the girls have been up too. Only Mira Barkhammar (who played Bobo) has gone on to do other film work. She has a instagram page, she comes off a bit like her character in the film (she's the only one who seems active on social media). She has a band and seems like arty type of teenager. Liv Lemoyne (who played Hedvig) has a Instagram but hasn't updated in a good while (I think a little after the films promotional tour ended) but she has a few photos of her and the other girls hanging out after filming. Mira Grosin (who played Klara) is pretty much non existent on line aside from a interview she did with the Guardian newspaper.

Anyway I still love We Are The Best, it is a return to form although not as celebrated like Fucking Amal Together or Lilya 4 Ever by many I think the film is up there with those films. It's without doubt Moodysson most joyous and happy film.
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 am

M83 wrote:...instagram page...

I'd be interested in seeing what they're up to now if I can track down their pages.
Are they using their real names or (as is typical) some strange name that only means something to them? :?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:53 am

fish wrote:
M83 wrote:...instagram page...

I'd be interested in seeing what they're up to now if I can track down their pages.
Are they using their real names or (as is typical) some strange name that only means something to them? :?

Mira's one is under her name, just put in Mira Barkhammar Instagram into google and it should pop up first, it did for me :D. She updates it more then anyone really, she comes off very much like a hipster and its strange to see her with long hair lol. Going by her page she doesn't seem to hang out with the other two at all.

Liv LeMonye is under her own name too, put in her full name along with Instagram and it should pop up too. she hasn't updated her since Nelson Mandela died in 2013 so a good three years, can't find anything else on her. Found a few fan pages on Facebook but they haven't been updated.

I'm sure Liv and Mira Grosin probably have accounts under different names or maybe like most teenagers Twitter and Instagram are not cool anymore :D
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks for that.
I'll have a good browse when I get some time. :D

M83 wrote:...Twitter and Instagram are not cool anymore :D

That's sad.
I find lots of stuff on social media. :( :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:06 am

Twitter and Instagram were never cool. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:06 am

M83 wrote:...Liv LeMonye...

You almost had me fooled with that deliberate mistake you made.
Her name is actually Liv LeMoyne. :P :lol:

All three have their own pages, "mirabarkhammar", "livlemoyne" and "mira_grosin" and there are plenty of fan-pages as well.
Lots of nice pics too.

And, Facebok, Twatter and Instagrim had better stay cool forever or I'll be out of a job. :shock: :oops: *:)* :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to General