What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Postby Santi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:27 am

Thanks.
I figured that movie had part of the story for how to explain the movie.
Small and traditional communities have always been neglected by modern and powerful.

Should be better if in the end of movie, explain this real history about Samis, like others movies.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 am

The Bill: Guessing Game. A man is found dead in his flat of natural causes but something about the flat doesn't sit right with June Ackland. When CID press for info on the dead man, it transpires he was a serial predator who liked abducting and torturing women. The only question is... did he already have a new victims stashed away somewhere before he died? A typically creepy episode from PJ Hammond.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:05 am

Just watched the first episode of Stranger Things last night, which everyone seems to have been going on about the last couple of years. And... really enjoyed it, actually. Intriguing story so far, good characters/actors, nice 80s vibe... I am suitably hooked (so far, at least). :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:11 am

The Joe Schmoe Show. I remembered this wacked out 'reality' show from the early 2000s and it was just as much fun on DVD. Basically a reality show that isn't - there's just one guy who thinks he's on a reality show, oblivious to the fact that all the other contestants are actors and everything that happens is just part of the script. Crazy and often hilarious.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:09 am

Ian wrote:The Joe Schmoe Show...

And this was a DVD you went out and bought?
On purpose? :T :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am

It's very funny.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:22 am

Stranger Things. Finished the first season last night. Generally speaking, very enjoyable indeed. Really does have the feel of an 80s movie, not just with the setting, but the style, the synth music, the heavy Spielbergian emphasis on the child characters etc. But at the end of the day it was also a good story, well told. I was worried initially it might be one of those LOST things that go on forever without telling you WTF is going on or being resolved, but no, it actually told a story with a beginning, middle and end in 8 episodes. So presumably the second season will be a different albeit connected plot (otherwise known as the Buffy approach, which I very much like).
The 2nd season is already on its way. *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:12 am

Stranger Things. Great stuff, can't wait for season 3! Forget the 80s setting, what was really retro about this show was finding a modern TV program utterly devoid of political correctness, race-baiting, gender-baiting, identity politics BS whose primary concern is to tell an actual fricking STORY.
How refreshing! :roll: :wink:

I've also just started on the new Twin Peaks. Which, from the first two episodes, is even more batshit crazy than the original series, and that's saying something. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:21 am

Not sure I'm a fan of the new Twin Peaks. It's about 40% brilliant and hypnotic, and 60% tediously pointless. :roll:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:09 am

Armchair Thriller: The Limbo Connection. James Bolam is a hard drinking failing writer whose wife disappears after an emergency admittance into a private clinic for food poisoning. The police begin to look at him as a possible suspect, but Bolam begins to suspect she never left the clinic and that they are hiding some very dark secrets... Bolam is on great form in this entertaining installment from the late 70s British anthology thriller series, with some great guest support from many names that Who fans will recognise - Milton Johns, Christopher Benjamin and even Beatrix Lehmann, who I've never previously seen in anything other than The Stones of Blood! I really enjoyed this. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue May 22, 2018 10:28 am

Great - and genuinely series-shaking - twist in the season 5 finale of The Blacklist. No idea where this is going, and I've seen some pretty wild bloody theories on the internet (then again, some of those wild theorists also guessed the twist, so maybe they're onto something!). :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 am

The Incredible Hulk: The Snare. David comes to regret accepting an offer by a friendly rich recluse to spend some time on his island when he turns out to be a psycho killer who's traded in hunting animals for hunting people instead. Of course, in true Arnie movie style, this time this psycho really has picked the wrong man... The Incredible Hulk does its own version of the infamous short story "The Most Dangerous Game", and does it pretty well too in this entertaining and gripping installment. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:14 am

70s British panel show with a twist, "Whodunnit?" - in which we see a play where someone is murdered, and a celebrity panel have to try and figure out who the killer is, and can even ask the suspects -even when they're from the 1800s - questions! :lol: The first season is hosted by Edward Woodward with the remaining five by, funnily enough, Jon Pertwee. :D :mrgreen:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:20 am

Gotham. Been marathonning this and onto season 3 now. Very dumb - and getting dumber - but highly addictive cheese. :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 am

Ian wrote:...Very dumb - and getting dumber...

Didn't they make that into a film too? :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment