Moderator: Ian

Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby Santi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Palo Alto, about teenagers like FÅ
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:38 pm

It is the first time that a protagonist who is fighting the whole movie adds "skin blows" to his body during all movie.
So far the karate and super heroes were fight hit and there was no mark.

It is a very violent movie about spyes. The music is very good.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Parents. A quiet, withdrawn little boy seems paranoid and obsessed with the idea that his 1950s picture book perfect suburban parents are hiding dark secrets - secrets somehow connected to the endless supply of "leftovers" that end up on his plate at every mealtime. Randy Quaid stars in this seriously bizarre but rather wonderful late 80s darkly comic horror flick that is a true surreal cult gem. Incredibly strange but hypnotically compelling and even genuinely frightening at times.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 am

Deadly Strangers. A stranded young woman accepts a lift from a stranger in an area where a psychotic patient has just escaped from a nearby asylum. Hayley Mills and Simon Ward star in this agreeably enjoyable mid 70s British thriller that stands up pretty well, though I did see the ending coming. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:16 am

The Belko Experiment. A group of office workers find themselves trapped inside their corporate building and told by a mysterious voice to kill a certain amount of their colleagues - or they'll all die. Initial incredulity soon turns to fear, panic, and eventually, inevitably - violence. This 2017 horror thriller was way better than I expected, with a strong cast, chilling premise and very fine execution that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. I really enjoyed this! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am

Black Christmas. A sorority house is plagued by obscene and weird phone calls over the Christmas season, and then a sorority sister disappears as the body of a schoolgirl is found in a nearby park. A maniac killer is stalking the sorority sisters and may be closer than they even realise in this bone-chilling mid 70s horror flick starring Olivia Hussey, Margot Kidder, Keir Dullea and John Saxon. A brilliant, eerie and genuinely unsettling slice of horror cinema that has lost none of its power to scare in the 44 years since its original release, Black Christmas was once a rather obscure cult favourite but was rediscovered in the 2000s when it finally made it onto wide home media release, and is now acknowledged for the classic it is. I've loved this flick for decades, and it's nice to finally have it on a rather super Blu ray too.

Went to the cinema to see The Commuter today. Liam Neeson is an insurance man fired from his job who finds himself approached on his way home from work by a woman who wants him to help her find someone on the train. The carrot? $100,000 if he does it. The stick? His family dead if he doesn't. Watchable enough thriller with a good cast (always nice to see Sam Neill) but pretty forgettable to be honest.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 am

I remember John Saxon from way back in the day.
Always one of the first baddies to cop it in the neck. :shock: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 am

:lol: I always seem to see him in cop roles - in that, A Nightmare on Elm Street and one of its sequels, Blood Beach etc. :P

Went to the cinema to see Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. A bunch of high schoolers come across an old video game that, when activated, drag them headlong into the game in the guise of the "avatars" of the characters they chose to play... and may never let them get back again. This follow-up to the original film from the mid 90s with Robin Williams is a very loose sequel - aside from one moment referencing Williams' character it could just be as easily be a reboot - but is a pretty decent flick nonetheless. An entertaining tongue in cheek fantasy adventure, it doesn't reinvent the wheel but it passes its runtime amiably enough, and the cast - especially Jack Black as a flighty teenage girl stuck in the body of a middle aged man, and the lovely Karen Gillan as the awkward girl turned badass - are game enough to make it fun. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:24 am

Ian wrote: :lol: I always seem to see him in cop roles...

Yeah, that's right, lots of them too.
Made quite a career out of being "cannon fodder". :P :lol:

I remember writing to him, way back when people did that sort of thing.
He asked questions about where I was from.
Said he loved "Wolf Blass" wines from the Barossa Valley.
I said I did too. Image :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 am

That's so cool! *:)* :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:26 am

"Seit du da bist"

As the life of a "clean" person can change our lives and make us see that there is always a better way out, even if it is to earn less money. Very nice and tender.

Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:47 am

"Seit du da bist"

Hard to find anything about it.
A plot, a review, anything.

German/Austrian TV movie, fair enough, but I cant find the plot or anything.

Was it any good?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Santi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:39 am

one week a go It was broadcast on Catalan television. I have also searched for it in the original language and I can not find anything. must be very special.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:17 am

Santi wrote:...must be very special.

Must be if they go to such lengths to hide it from Fish. :roll: :(

I'm sure it will turn up soon.
I'll keep my beady eyes peeled. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member