Found a old idea for a Fucking Amal Fan Fiction

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Found a old idea for a Fucking Amal Fan Fiction

Postby M83 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:59 am

Just reading up on the fan fic part of the forum, and I saw that I posted a Synopsis when I was on here under a different name "Cheevers4ever" back in 2012 and I was just wondering reading back on it, that it's got me interested in doing it in script form rather then in book form. Have a bit of time off over Christmas and as I'm getting back into creative writing recently. I think the idea has a ton of potential just seen as we only have a couple of members on here. Would you guys be interested in reading it, I need to work on the synopsis a bit more as it's only half the story but this what I wrote back in 2012...

"Before i write this, i will tell you Fucking Amal Fans and especially Agnes Fans, she's a very flawed character in my version , i have to be honest it will probably annoy a few fans in the way i want to protray her but i feel in my mind this is how i could see her. Plus my Story won't be in the same vain as Marta's or Nemo_Me, Agnes and Elin are a good few years older, also both have changed seen as in life we aren't always the same when we were teenagers and they ain't together. Plus This FanFic be more about Agnes and her reltionship to Amal and her choices she's made and her regrets. Elin is still a major part of this but it won't be the whole will they and won't they type of Fanfic. Its basically about A Woman getting old dealing with demons and trying to reconnect. I'm going for a more Moodysson approach then Romantic fanfic story here. I'm chatting to much anyway here's the first part of my Synopsis....

Agnes, a best selling Novellist with a debut novel called "Fucking Amal" based on her life as a teenager and her lesbian reltionship with Elin, which has become a teenage cult hit. She's been struggling to follow it up and has gone into a reclusive life in London with only her computer and photo's of her long lost love Elin to keep her company. She hasn't left her flat for months, and only sees her Publisher Scott, who brings her everything she wants who is slowly demanding a follow up to her Novel after he paid a huge advance on the follow up, which Agnes has spent on buying huge amounts of O'Boy and having a Private eye take photos of Elin which has spread over her bedroom wall. Scott feeling he is owed at least some payback for the advance tells Agnes that their is going to be a massive fan exhibition based on her Novel in all places Amal, and that Scott wants Agnes to go over for a Q and A. Agnes tells him no way and that he gets the novel at the end of the month . Agnes hasn't touched her computer for any writing in months as she's ran out of ideas for a novel and is out of inspriration and reads only her old poetry she wrote about her times with Elin. Plus out of the blue, She gets a letter from her old High school telling her they are about to have a ten year reunion, Having no intention of going she throws the invite in the bin. She's perfectly happy to live with the past plus Ever since her beloved Father Olof passed away , she just wanted to leave that Amal and bad times behind.

A knock on her Door, She knows it ain't her publisher Scott who has a special knock. The knocks get louder and louder. She thinks it could be the die hard Amal obessive fans that basically drove her to this reclusive life, She has to answer the door. She slowly opens the door. Standing in front of her is Oskar, her younger brother amd his Girlfriend Sara, an American who's using a Handheld camera. Oskar, a hippish young man with long hair and beard gives Agnes a massive hug, The only thing she happily take from Amal is her brother Oskar, who she hasn't seen in a year or two. Oskar has come back from Sweden to ask Agnes to come back and vist Karin, their mother. Who still hasn't got over her Daughter coming out and also the shame of writing a novel that aired out their dirty laundry and that also painted Karin badly. They haven't spoke our seen each other since Agnes came back for her fathers furenal. Oskar suggest seen as she's coming back for the Exhibition in amal that she could vist Karin. Sara, Oskars girlfriend hasn't said a word but is still filming a art piece she's making on Oskar's life both Agnes and Oskar are used to this seen as Oskar has been dating Sara for years. Agnes doesn't want to let Oskar down seen as he's everything to her plus he's always stood by her through her troubles. But asking Her to return to Amal is tough in itself but before he leaves Oskar gives Agnes a letter from the high school board who are running this high school reunion, she reads it the usual "we wish to see you there to celebrate the past and hopefully relive new ones" until she reads the name at the end that says Elin Olsson.This is the first time she's heard from Elin years ever since Agnes left her behind.

Agnes, who's still reeling over the long lost love she left go with Elin, her muse and everything she lived for.She got offered her dream job as a writer for a magazine in London. Elin promised she would go with Agnes and that they could leave behind Amal forever like they promised when they first met but pulled out in the last moment to stay in amal to take care and support her mother Birgitta, who had been seriously ill but Elin pushed for Agnes to go, even though Agnes wanted to stay. Its haunted her every day why she left as she felt Elin didn't truely love her. She wrote "Fucking Amal" to get back and hurt Elin for breaking her Heart so easily. Elins last words to Agnes were in a letter she written that she felt those special moments have been broken and that she felt betrayed. Agnes has had reltionships but they never live up to what she had with Elin, She never gave them much chance . Seen Her name at the End of the letter, Agnes now decides this is her time to go back and win Elin back. But not to cover this up she do the damn Exhibition and go through the hell of dealing with All the bad she had in the past with the likes of Camilla, Markus etc and the crap she more then likely get from her mother Karin just for that one moment with Elin.She decided to go back to Amal."

So that's what I wrote back then, such a shame I didn't finish it off around that time I got myself a girlfriend and other things in life got in the way, that I totally forget i wrote it :D . Looking back on it, I like that it's a totally different view to the other great Fan Fiction written on here. It's only the first act at best, and it might need a few days to fleshing out the synopsis thinking where I could go with it. As I said in the old thread, this won't be about Agnes and Elin love story, this is more about Agnes but Elin will be involved in it. It's more about Agnes coming to terms with her past and herself.

I wrote this here cause no one has been on the Fan Fiction for nearly two years. I'll post any changes or things I added on to the synopsis on this thread, once I finish it and if you guys think it's a overall good idea. Then I start writing the script, prefer to do it in script form as it's easier for me. It's something I like to take a bit serious, as I could use it for my creative writing classes. So would you guys be interested in reading it when the time comes.
M83
Gold Member

Re: Found a old idea for a Fucking Amal Fan Fiction

Postby fish » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:36 am

Excellent idea. *:)*
It's been ages since anything similar was posted and I'd, for one, be interested in reading it.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Owen » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:50 am

Good luck for your project! *:)* It's great that you want to finish it. Too many fanfiction gets lost in the process; like, there is an idea and maybe even a beginning and then it stalls or is forgotten or obsolete. I too have tons of unfinished stuff that I would like to take care of :roll: .

M83 wrote:no one has been on the Fan Fiction for nearly two years

Well...
Owen
Gold Member

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:23 am

M83 wrote:...just seen as we only have a couple of members on here.

Is not true.
We are a lot of members here, but most only read.
Santi
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)