Pauline Acquart - Retenez Son Nom

Moderator: Ian

Re: Pauline Acquart - Retenez Son Nom

Postby fish » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:34 am

Stefan wrote:..."au septième jour"...

Another good short film with a tragic end. :(
I love seeing her in "happy ending" films wherever possible though.
She has such a beautiful smile.

Who was it asked about the photos by Bruno Perroud?
I still get his Facebk posts so I decided to see if Pauline's pics were still there.
There are still a half dozen which we've all seen before, but that was back in 2013 when she was in "Un Coeur Sauvage".
So I'll post them here in the next few days.

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Re: Pauline Acquart- Retenez Son Nom

Postby Stefan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 pm

@fish: I coundn't agree more... I think the real challange when producing a movie would be, to make the film fascinating WITH a positive end. With a tragegy, it seems to work, we all know many samples... Personally i liked "loving Annabelle" who had as Extras on the DVD an alternative ending.

Do you know if from on of Pauline Acquart's movies a skript is available? I guess rather not, but you never know, sometimes they exist.

I know she was doing a theater event in Salzburg, Austria last summer; unfortunatelly I did not know her back then. But in case she should go there I third time, I deftly will try to be there. :)

There are some informations about it online, not sure if you may have already seen: https://archive.salzburgerfestspiele.at ... stid/13494

Is beyond water lilies any other film published on DVD?
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust
Stefan

Postby Owen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:18 am

M83 wrote:She has the looks and charisma to be a star, and the talent to act.

Unfortunately, while I agree about the looks, charisma and some talent, I think that she is one who depends heavily on how she is directed. It's quite difficult to express: it's not that her acting is bad, but I'm not always convinced. I'm not sure how to analyse this. My first thought would be that the rawness of the first performances was organically woven into the fabric of the films, and my second, that she got less interesting roles as time went on (I'm looking at Mourir d'aimer, Chez Maupassant: Une partie de campagne and Jeanne captive among others), so perhaps less chances to express herself and to improve. Her last "role", in Les grands squelettes has left me desperate (and the movie was godawful).
I agree with the rest. Maybe the drive isn't there. Or maybe she likes to stay in the shadow.

Stefan wrote:I was just out of words after the movie ended... and I didn't like the end too much, to be honest

What ending would you have preferred? I think that given the characters, the one we got was realistic.

On the 232nd page of this forum, you will find attachments with subtitles (made by me) to three of her short movies: Au 7e jour, The Dutch room and L'autre sang and the link to L'autre sang. The Dutch room and Coconut Grove (with embedded english subtitles) are found on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/21149150 and https://vimeo.com/38620761.
Bonus: Les solitudes and Les grandes forêts with Haenel: https://vimeo.com/7210637, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7sQ51ddL4. I haven't seen them yet, only found incidentally.

As for the DVDs, there are releases for La lisière (although very expensive), Les lendemains, Jeanne captive, Chez Maupassant: Une partie de campagne, Jamais contente. Others too, but her role is insignificant. Wait... :T You give me the idea of doing a list of all her work and sources chere to find them. Maybe I'll do it soon :shock: :lol: .

Lost & delirious I haven't seen yet, but I think it may be worth it.

fish, do you know this image? I don't seem to recall it.
Owen
Gold Member

Postby fish » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:46 am

Owen wrote:...Wait... :T You give me the idea of doing a list of all her work and sources chere to find them. Maybe I'll do it soon :shock: :lol:

That would be great.
I have a few on DVD and a few saved on my hard drive, but I keep losing track of what I have and where it is.
I need some impetus to get organised. :T *:)* :lol:

Owen wrote:fish, do you know this image? I don't seem to recall it.

Yes.
That's one of a series taken by Faustine Levin at the time they were making "La Bande à Juliette" in 2015.
As well as acting, Faustine is a photographer and has a number of websites.
I can't recall which one this series is on but they are beautiful pics.
(a couple of them are here http://faustinelevin.tumblr.com/page/11)

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:17 am

Owen wrote:
M83 wrote:She has the looks and charisma to be a star, and the talent to act.

Unfortunately, while I agree about the looks, charisma and some talent, I think that she is one who depends heavily on how she is directed. It's quite difficult to express: it's not that her acting is bad, but I'm not always convinced. I'm not sure how to analyse this. My first thought would be that the rawness of the first performances was organically woven into the fabric of the films, and my second, that she got less interesting roles as time went on (I'm looking at Mourir d'aimer, Chez Maupassant: Une partie de campagne and Jeanne captive among others), so perhaps less chances to express herself and to improve. Her last "role", in Les grands squelettes has left me desperate (and the movie was godawful).
I agree with the rest. Maybe the drive isn't there. Or maybe she likes to stay in the shadow.

I got to admit I haven't seen too much of her to comment if she hasn't lived up to the performance she did in Water lilies. Maybe she's just a one off performance actress, with a top director in Celine Sciamma (who's with following films knows to get great performances from her young actresses) and working with now one of French cinema's best young actresses in Adele Haenel (who had a few roles under her belt at that time) probably was a big help to getting the best out of Pauline. Maybe she's just one of those talents that burn bright for that one time and she gave it to a fantastic film. she's still only 25, and it might click for her if she really wants it. I kind of get from some on here she doesn't like to be in the spotlight and that might hamper her a bit, and also her drive to go onto another level. No one should force you into something you don't feel comfortable with.

Thank you for honest answer Owen, I know this is a fan thread and everyone doesn't want to pick out faults in Pauline. But if the performances and films aren't up to match with her debut film, then we need to be honest. For me, I don't think anything Alexandra Dahlstorm has done after FA has come close to her performance in FA.
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:08 am

M83 wrote:...I don't think anything Alexandra Dahlstorm has done after FA has come close to her performance in FA.

Some performances are such that they're never likely to be bettered.
And that's fine.
Maybe Pauline will return to a career in film and produce her best performances, maybe not.
It isn't that important that any actor's performance level is always on the rise.
Mostly it's the quality of the script and the director that will determine that.

We can only hope for the best when something is out of our control and we can appreciate and love what they have already done.

Another pic from Bruno Perroud in Oct 2013 as part of the "Un Couer Sauvage" publicity.

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Stefan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:54 am

Owen wrote: What ending would you have preferred? I think that given the characters, the one we got was realistic.

Thing is, that art (and movies do belong to this) is developing inside each of us differently and yes, the author of the script of "Naissance des pieuvres" draw a pretty close to reality one. But an ending where Marie and Anne would be on a holiday at the seaside, reflecting the beginning of their connection and making plans for their future life (like what to study in Paris) while the sun is going down... or even listening to music at one of the famous lovley places in Paris could possibly leave us back with a more postive feeling without dammaging the storyline of the movie... But again, this is art and everyone has maybe different expectations.

A complete list of all her work including DVD's would be awesome! :D

Fish wrote: Some performances are such that they're never likely to be bettered.

I agree. We have to see it in time and person and circumstances. Same situatons are unlikely to happen twice exactly the same time. But this doesn't mean that Pauline could not in a different movie impress us just the same or even more. If there is another character that fits to her current age and her amazing talent to express certain emotions, i have no doubt we will be as fascinated as in water lilies. O-)

The photo from Bruno Perroud in Oct 2013 is simply beautiful, love it!!!
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust
Stefan

Postby fish » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:39 am

fish wrote:Another pic from Bruno Perroud in Oct 2013 as part of the "Un Couer Sauvage" publicity.

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:32 am

fish wrote:Another pic from Bruno Perroud in Oct 2013 as part of the "Un Couer Sauvage" publicity.

Ditto.

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:54 am

fish wrote:Ditto

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am

Last of the bunch.
Time for a Christmas break while Pau Pau's looking a bit out of shape. :shock: Image Image

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Stefan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:27 am

Dears,

thanks a lot for keeping this forum alive and these amazing last photos :D Have a very merry Christmas time.

Looking forward to discover more of Pauline's movies in 2019 :W
Stefan

Postby DMt. » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:53 am

A happy and peaceful Christmas to all - especially the indefatigable fish, L'Acquart Glorieuse herself, and all our dear, shy lurkers...

*:)* :W 8) *:)* :W 8) *:)*
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:17 am

"Indefatigable" :shock:
I'm completely exhausted just looking up the meaning of that word. :roll: :P :lol:

Oh dear!
I think Pau Pau must have been expecting me to stay away much longer than this. :cry:
(thanks Luigi)

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:55 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :Z

Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment