Rebecka on dvd

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Rebecka on dvd

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:52 am

Is there anything else Rebecka has done available on dvd (from anywhere?) Bear's Kiss, that Eva and Adam (?) tv series... anything?

As fantastic and wonderful as SML is, I'd kill to see her in something else, too. And unfortunately it looks like the choices are going to be limited from now on...
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Well, first, there simply isn't that much. A sad, but unavoidable truth. Apart from Fucking Åmål, there are only four roles worthy of note: "Närkontakt" (short film), Adam & Eva (episodes 14-16), "Sherdil" (feature film, lead role) und "Bear's Kiss" (feature film, lead role). The rest of the stuff in her imdb list are just tiny, tiny parts (nearly cameos) and the Sunes's Jul series (when she was 9 years old).

"Närkontakt" can be downloaded completely from the net. All of Rebecka's scenes from "Adam & Eva" too. I guess you've done your research and know that. If not, find the links here:
http://www.goodwin.ee/vidcaps.html
http://membres.lycos.fr/smlfa/vari.html

Concerning "Sherdil" and "Bear's Kiss", they are available on DVD for sale, first from the webshop of the site we're on:
[url]http:///showmelove.org[/url]

What other options there are depends on where you are based?
In Germany, e.g., Bear's Kiss is available on DVD for rent and for sale (on ebay also), but not "Sherdil" (which I haven't seen). Both films have been shown on German TV and I hope they will show them again.

Besides however, it is widely accepted that "Bear's Kiss" and "Sherdil" as well are in fact pretty mediocre if not downright bad films. Apart from R., there is no reason to watch them. That alone makes her appearance in all of them less spectacular than in Fucking Åmål. Once you've seen them, it gets painfully clear just how great she is, but how much of her greatness in Fucking Åmål depended on the greatness of that film's script and direction and on the chemistry with Alexandra.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:26 am

Thanks for that. :wink:

I might have a look at purchasing those two, anyway. :wink:

As for the others, I'll have a go at downloading sometime in the next week or so (I hadn't found those links, so thanks again!).
Shame my internet is connection is so crap, mind...but I'll see how it goes! :roll:

Such a shame there's so little, though...
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:47 am

Oh wow, if you did not already know these, you're in for some beautiful surprises :lol: ! If you download the Eva & Adam episodes, start with clip No. 3 from episode 7 (where it says "Rebecka factor: highest possible"), this will make your heart melt. "Närkontakt" is fantastic too.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:57 am

Cheers. :wink: Give it a try in the next few days, if my lousy internet connection can stand it! :roll:

Just some screenshots from Dar Regnbagen Slutar. She looks stunning in them, too. Is that available anywhere? (Sorry, I'm just naturally nosy :lol: )
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:39 am

Obviously not available anymore:
http://oebfa.com/index.php?lang_id=en&page_id=6&item_id=129
But from what I know, it would really be a waste of time too (if it's Rebecka you're looking for). She's like for ten seconds in that film. Go for Närkontakt and the E&A episodes, believe me. Don't forget to report how you liked them...

You get me? :wink:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby fraks » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:43 am

In film "Dar Regnbagen Slutar" Rebekka plays sick depression - so so and looks. At the end of the film she newly gets the interest to lifes.
fraks
Silver Member

Postby kant1781 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:08 am

Hej fraks - thank you for these! :) I did not know that you have them on your site! I'll post a link on mine. Obviously there is more of her in "Regnbågen" and "Födelsedagen" than I thought!
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:11 am

I'm in Australia. Neither Bear's Kiss or Sherdil are available down here, or ever have been, to the best of my knowledge. :cry:

These downloads are gonna be keep me busy for a while, mind... :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:25 am

Aaarggh, I just spent three hours downloading one of the Eva and Adam mpegs... and can't see any sign of it anywhere on my computer.

Wonderful.... :roll:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 am

The goodwin links appear to be down... I hope it's not permanent, I only just got the first two yesterday!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:56 pm

Just checked them... I can detect no problems!
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:28 am

Yeah, it came back up again within an hour!

Don't mind me, just being paranoid. :D

(I've downloaded several, but not watched them yet, I'm waiting to get all the E&A ones before I watch them) :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:50 am

FINALLY managed to download all the Eva and Adam links, so expect a report very soon (once I've - er - actually watched them!)

:wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Next

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg