Bear's Kiss

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Bear's Kiss

Postby oeb » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:12 pm

The Russian Bear's Kiss DVD is now in stock. It's unlikely that it will return when sold out, so get it now if you want it! All other DVD releases are currently out of production. There's also one officially released Russian DivX CD-ROM available.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby droopy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:15 am

I saw Bear's Kiss today (actually yesterday - it's after 12) and it was ... it was different than I was thinking. The film is not standing on good actors nor good dialogs. Sergei Bodrov Jr. who played the bear Misha shows really really bad acting. Rebecka was very good of course, but the script and dialogs was too weak to show good acting. The movie is kind of metaphysic nature. Low emphasis on dialogs and instead is the pictures of scenes which is in focus. If you concentrate to sense the feelings of whole scenes it could be good film. If you concentrate on Rebecka, you can easily read Agnes in her. Same moves, same eyes, same her :) The english is brutal, I couldn't understand some actors english. Rebeckas english is also very unnatural, only plain sentences of few words. There is no sweetnes of swedish I so much liked in Fucking Åmål and I really missed that.

So, Rebecka is great, you can very easy recognise Agnes in her, but without swedish in her mouth and with very low scenes where something is really happening in them, it's weak film.
Oh God, I'm still alive!
droopy

Postby kant1781 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:51 pm

Absolutely. As I said some time ago, there is really only one reason to watch Bear's Kiss, which is that this is possibly the last time that Rebecka Liljeberg's eyes were caught on film. I have no idea how such an amazing talent like hers could get wasted to such mediocre projects as the ones she did after FÅ. Why didn't she get the chance to give a second master performance in a film worthy of her abilities... :N
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby oeb » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:37 am

I actually watched the Russian-dubbed version of Bear's Kiss first. In some way it sounded better than the original ;). I think most of the dialogue (especially Rebecka's voice) was after-synched in a sound studio in post-production - and done in a very poor way which made it sound very flat and strange. Well, I'm only guessing from the sound of it - I haven't got it confirmed. The Dolby Digital surround track is on the other hand great (i.e. one of the first scenes in the circus). The photography is also generally very nice as I remember it.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby fraks » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:22 pm

In russian version Rebecka's duplicate the voice very look like her(its) own.
Some from acquaintance of mine Bear Kiss liked even more than FA.
fraks
Silver Member

Postby sydney » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Too bad... it's so quiet in here...

However... tonight on 2nd German TV (ZDF) Bear's kiss... 00:55h.
sydney

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:51 pm

This film Bear's Kiss was never shown in theaters in Sweden, even though it was partly Swedish produced.

Was it a flop in other countries?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fraks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:45 am

This film by skim russian stage manager. So he russian. In the same way in removal took part companies and actors from many countries, including from Sweden.
fraks
Silver Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Hello fraks

Was the film popular in Russia or was it a flop?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:02 am

Rebecca in Bear's Kiss, I'm sure she did a good job, but apparently her voice was dubbed by someone else even in the English language version?

Rebecca speaks excellent English so this is a little strange. I haven't seen the film myself.

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fraks » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:21 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Was the film popular in Russia or was it a flop?

This film sometimes show on TV. In movie-theatre its was not.
The film in Russia known basically that that in he last plays Sergey Bodrov (Misha).

Some in Russia BK seems more interesting than FA.
fraks
Silver Member

Postby Ian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:27 am

Managed to buy BK off ebay yesterday! Yay! Can't wait to see it.

:D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Expect a lot of Rebecka (you probably can cross out some items from your secret wish list afterwards 8) :lol: ), but not much in terms of a movie...
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 am

LOL I'm not THAT interested in that (no, really :lol: ), I just really want to see something else where she has a substantial role! :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:56 pm

I have ordered a copy of it from HK Flix, waiting on it, and it wasn't expensive.

Think about it, even if it's not that great, it's her last film :(
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Next

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg