In Bed With Santa

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Postby kant1781 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:00 pm

codyw1 wrote:I must admit, there's something about Alexandra that's growing on me.

I think I know what you mean... for example, I have come to admit to myself that, despite the usual mega-crush I had on Rebecka, Alexandra Dahlström is - now don't kill me - the better actress of the two. Or, that's how it appears to me. She can do everything, from bitter sadness to aggressiveness or joy, she can be vulnerable and strong. Rebecka is perfect in the roles she has played, but in my view she would as yet have to prove that she has the same versatility as Alex.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm inclined to agree, Alexandra is the better actress with a greater range, she's brilliant!

But nobody else could have been a better Agnes than Rebecka :wink:

So the cast of Fucking Åmål is perfect, a classic!
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:04 am

Mm, not sure I'd go that far, to be honest... :wink:

I think Alex (in SML at least) just had the opportunity to show more, as the character of Elin arguably went through a greater change than Agnes did... Rebecka didn't get any comedy to do either. What she did have to do, however, Rebecka was heartbreakingly perfect at.

As for In Bed With Santa, probably watch it tonight, I think.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:20 am

Saw In Bed With Santa last night.

Oh dear.

Really, very, very bad indeed! And no, not even worth it for Alexandra, since she's barely even in it, a handful of lines at the most. Disappointing.

Though I did raise a smile at a) an almost off-camera "Ohhh!" and
b) her pointing out what a bunch of pathetic losers they all were.

I could only nod sagely in agreement.

:roll: :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:03 am

codyw1 wrote:Mm, not sure I'd go that far, to be honest... :wink: I think Alex (in SML at least) just had the opportunity to show more, as the character of Elin arguably went through a greater change than Agnes did... Rebecka didn't get any comedy to do either.

No, not YOU, obviously... :lol: But you're right, it might be a question of opportunity. There is just something about Rebecka that makes me sceptical if she would be good at doing comedy if she ever got to do it. (I can't remember a real punchline from her in all the stuff I've seen her in.)

And so much for "In Bed With Santa"... try Bear's Kiss next! At least there's hardly a scene without Rebecka in it.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby droopy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:30 pm

Oh NO! Kant! How dare you say such a thing? :shock:

Did you saw the same Rebecka as I did in FA? Her eyes alone were playing better than half the actors in US blockbusters. How can you say she is worse than Alex?

HOW DARE YOU!
Oh God, I'm still alive!
droopy

Postby Ian » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:12 am

Now, now, calm down.

I think EVERYBODY on this forum utterly adores BOTH those girls.

I know I do...
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:10 pm

droopy wrote:HOW DARE YOU!

I know you'd kill me...
I'm sorry for upsetting you! _O_
But I wasn't comparing her to the actors in US blockbusters, I was comparing her to Alexandra Dahlström... that surely is an honourable comparison. And cody is right... there is no way to say that one of the two is "better" than the other, full stop. That would be nonsense, and I don't mean it that way. It's a very personal, very intimate question, and from time to time my answers vary and change. Rebecka's performance has moved me more and moves me more than anything, more than Alexandra's even. She's closer to my heart (also because Agnes is closer to me than Elin), and on my secret wish list, getting to know Rebecka ranks higher than meeting Alexandra. So I hope this will soothe your anger. But if I try to see it from a more objective perspective, just as I have to admit that the character of Elin is (in a way) the more interesting, multi-faceted character in FA, so Alexandra's performance is (in a way) even more startling. This is how I see it right now - for years, I would have answered the question differently. Maybe it's just as phase I'm going through :wink:.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:32 pm

You guys are so silly :lol:

This should be looked upon as something positive, Rebecka played herself to a large extent which makes her performance all the more believable, honest and endearing.

Would you rather have Rebecka play the part of Elin, I don't think so :wink:

But you could imagine Alexandra being Agnes, at least I can, with the proper clothes and so on.

Anyway both girls were perfectly cast in their respective roles, and they were both awarded a Guldbagge-prize for best actress in 1999 for this film, as you know :)

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:16 pm

Nonono, don't mess around with droopy! He's serious! :wink:
And please, WHO are YOU calling silly?! :lol:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby droopy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:52 pm

OK guys. I can get a two weeks off from work and haunt you one by one.. Let me just fill leave request for manager... Kant you first. Can you be more specific about your current whereabouts? :twisted:

But, seriously. I don't want to argue. I just want you to agree with me! :wink:
Oh God, I'm still alive!
droopy

Postby kant1781 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:45 am

droopy wrote:OK guys. I can get a two weeks off from work and haunt you one by one.. Let me just fill leave request for manager... Kant you first. Can you be more specific about your current whereabouts? :twisted:

Kant? Never heard of this guy! My name is Hult. Johan Hult... 8)
kant1781
Crew Member

Previous

Return to Alexandra Dahlström