Bear's Kiss

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Postby kant1781 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:12 pm

PerfectNemesis wrote:Amazon located in the US don't have the dvd unfortunately.

Yes, but you could order it from German amazon (www.amazon.de). They deliver world-wide, just as amazon.com delivers to Germany. You can even use your account and credit card information from home.
Last edited by kant1781 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:32 pm

codyw1 wrote:In all truth, if it wasn't Rebecka in it, I probably would have turned it off early on, and yet... while slow, and PECULIAR, there's something oddly compelling, nay hypnotic, about it. Rebecka herself is stunningly beautiful in it, though I am irritated at the fact that, while everyone is clearly speaking english, the movie has been dubbed in post-production, and I am not at all convinced that that's actually Rebecka speaking. Just doesn't sound like her voice at all. Which was decidedly off-putting, to put it mildly. Still not sure whether it was memorably weird or just plain rubbish, though I'm still thinking about it, which puts it above a lot of movies.

The film's idea is beautiful, and it has some potential, but all in all, the script is "plain rubbish". The characters are card-board, and the story has more plot-holes than scenes. These films co-produced by a lot of European independent companies, some European TV stations, and with financial aid from the European Union, typically have to have at least one scene set in each of the countries involved, in order for everybody to get some of the revenue out of it, so that explains some of the twists and turns of the story. The dubbing is part of the process too. The cast have to deliver their lines in English, but of course most of them will speak with some heavy accent or other, so the entire thing is dubbed afterwards. The actors' speaking English just makes lip-synchronizing easier, that's all.

The other thing with the bear is that it is practically impossible not to begrudge Sergei Bodrov jun. to having Rebecka in this film, and that is just because of his (I'm sorry) lousy acting. (He was way better as a director - I saw his film "Sisters", and his early death is of course a tragedy.) The love story doesn't work at all for me because his portrayal of Mischa is so unlikeable. I mean, it took a lot of poetic licence and suspension of disbelief to accept that Frida would fall for Tobbe in "Eva & Adam", but Lola and Mischa in "Bear's Kiss"... Sorry, no way. One longs for Elin bursting into the film from somewhere and just taking her away to where she belongs.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 pm

Then we can agree that it's not Rebecka's own voice in the film.

Too bad, but it would have been even worse if the film had been better, now it's all the same maybe?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:01 pm

Re. the sex scene in BK, I actually remember reading an interview with Rebecka from a magazine in 2002 where she said she was a little uncomfortable shooting that scene, and being naked on the set.

Anyway I like the music in that scene, and the same music is being played when Rebecka dances with the bear in slo-mo, a beautiful scene I think.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:31 am

kant1781 wrote:[
The other thing with the bear is that it is practically impossible not to begrudge Sergei Bodrov jun. to having Rebecka in this film, and that is just because of his (I'm sorry) lousy acting. (He was way better as a director - I saw his film "Sisters", and his early death is of course a tragedy.) The love story doesn't work at all for me because his portrayal of Mischa is so unlikeable. I mean, it took a lot of poetic licence and suspension of disbelief to accept that Frida would fall for Tobbe in "Eva & Adam", but Lola and Mischa in "Bear's Kiss"... Sorry, no way. One longs for Elin bursting into the film from somewhere and just taking her away to where she belongs.

I'll grant you that. She had more chemistry with the bear Mischa! :lol:

Doesn't one just long for Elin and Agnes to burst into MOST movies, though? :lol: No? Just me, then... :wink:

The nude scene did seem a little unnecessary and exploitative.
The dance with the bear scene was very strange and beautiful. Like I said, jealous of a bear now! :roll:

I'm glad I got it, though. Certainly a much better buy than IBWS,and certainly worth it for Rebecka. And let's face it, it seems like we have to treasure what little we have of her now... :(
Ian
Webmaster

Postby -GreGG- » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi guys! I'm very glad that I found this forum. I'm from Ukraine. :D
As for Rebecka's english voice in this film, someone wrote on IMDb that it belongs to the German actress Loretta Stern. Maybe this is true.
-GreGG-

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 am

Welcome to the asylum! :wink: :lol:

That's interesting, but can you trust it? It's a mystery!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby hook » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Dear Guys and Girls :wink:

I'd like to see this film too!! How can I do that? Have any idea? I must tell you that I can't see anything on youtube 'cause I still got slow connection...and I can't download it for the same reason...

a great big hug to all of you :oops:

:oops: Hook :oops:
hook
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:01 pm

I bought mine off ebay. It was a seller in Germany, he seemed to have a lot of copies, not sure if he's still on there...

You have my sympathy. I have a slow dial-up connection as well, and it drives me frickin' batty at times. I CAN download stuff, but nothing more than 5 or 6 minutes (and that takes 3 hours or so! :roll: )

Have you tried the Youtube downloader? It takes the time I said above, but you CAN get some stuff - and can then keep it on your computer and watch it whenever you want (or even burn it to dvd)

Surf the net. Just the other day I found something called a Sothink Video Downloader (free trial version for 30 days) which is actually letting me download (in stages, meaning I can do it for so long, then carry on the next day) that interview with Alex that someone posted a link to in her section. I couldn't watch that at all, but hopefully, within the next few days thanks to that downloader, I'll be able to. Look around the net - this year I've become quite adept at finding things on the net to try and get around my SLOOOWWWW connection problem. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:40 pm

I use mediaconverter.org. It works great for converting videos from youtube in order to view them on your computer. You have only a certain amount a day that you can convert, but that works just fine for me. I'm not sure, what amount it is, though.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 pm

RE: Loretta Stern

Apparently this is true that she dubbed Rebecka!

Check out the sample on her website, click on "Wenn Sie möchten kann ich Sprechen..in mehreren Sprachen", there's both a clip in German and in English from Bears Kiss there:

http://www.lorettastern.de/
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:44 am

Well, well, well. So now we know.

I didn't think that voice sounded right coming from Rebecka's mouth!

:roll:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby 12raHraH » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:31 pm

Love Rebecca, but I never intend to watch Bear's Kiss after its first 15 minutes. :( But I googled the actor here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0091074/bio who played Mischa and it says there that he died in 2002. Sadness. I guess this would be the last of them we get to see on film, but not Rebecca I hope. I really wish to be blown away by her comeback, whenever that may be.
Writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia
12raHraH

Postby Ian » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:51 am

Am I the only one who really quite liked Bears Kiss?

Oh.

Just checking... :P :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fraks » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:39 am

No, not one. I this film too likes.
fraks
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg