Last DVD You Bought?

Moderator: Ian

Last DVD You Bought?

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Thought I'd create a new thread for us to post about any new DVDs we've bought, especially that we aren't necessarily going to watch straight off the bat.

I'll kick the ball rolling. Ventured into the "real world" today (didn't like it :wink: ) to pick up the new Dead Like Me telemovie "Life After Death" (which I'll probably watch next week) and the new local classic Who release, "Image of the Fendahl." (Am somewhat bemused to find that the 'coming soon' trailers for the next dvd release are no longer being included on the oz ones. Weird. :roll: ).
Ian
Webmaster

Re: Last DVD You Bought?

Postby fish » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:42 pm

codyw1 wrote:Ventured into the "real world" today (didn't like it :wink: )

the new local classic Who release, "Image of the Fendahl." :roll: ).

Never been a big advocate of going out into the real world. There are PEOPLE out there. Scary. :shock:

For some strange reason my first reaction was to link your phrases "Life After Death" and "Who release" and I had this image of Keith Moon flash into my brain. Another scary thought. :shock:

New dvd? Nothing since Sugar Rush, but then that was only yesterday. :roll: :wink:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:29 pm

Wandered round the market stalls yesterday and spent money I haven't got on three for a tenner: ''The Talented Mr Ripley'', ''Thelma and Louise'', and ''Heathers'' (is it wrong to be attracted to Christian Slater and Winona Ryder at the same time? :? I wouldn't mind being the meat in their sandwich :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: )
snaps
Crew Member

Re: Last DVD You Bought?

Postby Ian » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:00 am

fish wrote:Never been a big advocate of going out into the real world. There are PEOPLE out there. Scary. :shock:

As Seinfeld once said, "Yeah, people are the worst."

:wink: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:09 am

snaps wrote:is it wrong to be attracted to Christian Slater and Winona Ryder at the same time? :? I wouldn't mind being the meat in their sandwich :shock: :oops: :lol: :lol: )

You naughty, naughty, red headed thing. What can we do with you?
I have an idea. Riding crops at the ready? Right, assume the position. :twisted: :wink:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:56 pm

OK I have my riding crop in my hand thwacking it into my riding gloves :wink: I'm dressed up in my white blouse with my Harry Halls and boots on :shock: . The A frame trestle we use for saddle polishing should do, so legs akimbo and over you go! :Y This will hurt you more than it hurts me, meh heh heh heh :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:36 am

snaps wrote:OK I have my riding crop in my hand thwacking it into my riding gloves :wink: I'm dressed up in my white blouse with my Harry Halls and boots on :shock: . The A frame trestle we use for saddle polishing should do, so legs akimbo and over you go! :Y This will hurt you more than it hurts me, meh heh heh heh :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, no, no. You've got it all the wrong way round ......... Though hang on .....

......... Riding gloves you say ....... white blouse ........ boots .......... saddle polishing ......... akimbo ........

Ah what the hell. :twisted:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:21 am

*Gives you a sugar lump, and combs your mane* :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 am

Alright, cut it out, you two! Honestly, I leave you alone for 5 minutes... :roll: :wink: :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Read the book years ago and thought it was a great story, then I just happened to see the dvd for Snow Falling On Cedars so I thought I'd buy it.
Sad film but very good. Directed by Aussie, Scott Hicks.

And did I say cold? More snow than you can poke a stick at.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Finally caught up with ''Heathers''. The film seems a lot darker :shock: than I remember when I saw it last so was maybe a wittle dwunk at the time :? It was a hot afternoon today and I was pretending to work which always makes it more delish when watching a film, plus Christian and Winona are soooo hawwwt too! :oops: phew! send for the Fire Brigade! :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:18 am

snaps wrote:...a wittle dwunk at the time :?..... plus Christian and Winona are soooo hawwwt too! :oops: phew! send for the Fire Brigade! :Y

It was the port wasn't it? And I thought you were saving it. :( :roll: :wink:
Another one worth checking out by the sound of it?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:27 am

Heathers is indeed very good, though I haven't seen it for donkeys years!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Had to make up for lashing out on "Kamikaze Girls'' as far as spending goes, but found a stall on the market that has a bargain bin of DVD's at 1quid each (yes one quid! thats' cheaper than hiring). Got ''LA Confidential" and Dennis Potter's ''Brimstone & Treacle" (the movie version with Sting) which if you haven't seen it before is truly psycho-scarey :shock:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:03 pm

Picked up season 1 of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon for 12.99 this afternoon. I remember it being quite good, but I'm about to go see whether this was a wise investment or not! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Next

Return to Entertainment