What are they doing now?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

What are they doing now?

Postby fish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 am

We know a fair bit about Alexandra and Rebecka. We're finding out little bits about Erica and Lisa, but what about all the others.

I thought it might be fun if we started looking at what all the others had been up to and then trying to find ways of linking it back here, or if they are still acting finding out what they have done.

For example, Ralph Carlsson (Olof Ahlberg) and Maria Hedborg (Karin Ahlberg) both have had long acting careers, but in 1986 they each had minor roles in a TV mini series called "Gösta Berlings Saga". Of course GBS is the name of the band in which Alexander Skepp is drummer. AS is of course Rebecka's partner and father of her two children.
All of this is on IMDb and was pretty easy to find.

So here's the list:
Mathias Rust..........Johan...............Stefan Hörberg......Markus
Josefine Nyberg.......Viktoria............Axel Widegren.......Oscar
Jill Ung.................Birgitta.............Lina Svantesson.....Malin
Johanna Larsson......Sara.................Elinor Johansson....Jenny
Jessica Melkersson...Sabina...............Nils Björkman.......Bengtsson

With the last ones it might be hard just to identify who they played in F Å. I mean, who the hell was Bengtsson?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Re: What are they doing now?

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 am

fish wrote:Mathias Rust..........Johan

He was in Hannah Med h with Tove Edfeldt. He had a scene with her. That's all I know of him so far.

fish wrote:Axel Widegren.......Oskar/Oscar

3rd from the left.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 am

Wouldn'd have recognized Oskar in a million years. (I guess he's changed in the last ten or so. :oops: )
Any info on the context here?

And Mathias, I must have missed seeing his name when I was researching Hannah Med H. Good to see him still in the industry even if he seems to have done nothing since.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:01 am

fish wrote:Wouldn'd have recognized Oskar in a million years. (I guess he's changed in the last ten or so. :oops: )
Any info on the context here?

And Mathias, I must have missed seeing his name when I was researching Hannah Med H. Good to see him still in the industry even if he seems to have done nothing since.

A friend sent it to me. I'll have to ask her for any info.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:07 am

Cheers.
It'd be nice if he's still in the industry somewhere and not just winning a prize for a funny shaped potato or something. :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:25 am

fish wrote:Cheers.
It'd be nice if he's still in the industry somewhere and not just winning a prize for a funny shaped potato or something. :P

she says that it was awards for film, documentaries and screenplay writing. that's all the info that she could find out.
Last edited by Rebecka Fan on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am

Rebecka Fan wrote:...she says that it was awards for film and documetary and screenplay writing. that's all the info that she could find out.

Great, thanks for that. There must be some site somewhere with details so there's an avenue for further investigation.

I think I might have a bit of a browse later.

By the way Kyle, can't you sleep? It must be the middle of the night where you are.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Rebecka Fan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 am

fish wrote:
Rebecka Fan wrote:...she says that it was awards for film and documetary and screenplay writing. that's all the info that she could find out.

Great, thanks for that. There must be some site somewhere with details so there's an avenue for further investigation.

I think I might have a bit of a browse later.

By the way Kyle, can't you sleep? It must be the middle of the night where you are.

yep. it's 4:03 am right now. i don't feel tired at all. good thing I have nothing to do tomorrow, so I can rest up. Not the best way to do things, but whatever.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 am

oh Axel look so cute in that photo :D You always knew he was going to grow up with charming looks from being Oskar in the film.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Oskar was a cute little kid for sure, but all I have found for Axel is a couple of films, the last one being Straydogs in 1999. So he was about 9 years old for that one. Nothing yet about writing so I think a lot more research is needed for Axel.

As far as Nils Björkman is concerned there seem to be lots of people with that name making it hard to find anything out. So unless he wrote what looks like a thesis on the "Fine structure of the ovine placentome" I haven't found him. Maybe he's moved to that planet with all the odd socks.

My theory is that Bengtsson was the guy who hassled Agnes with the centrefold on her locker, and was wearing a blue cap and banging on the toilet door. All I need to find is the evidence.

I've started using "Duck Duck Go" search engine in the last couple of days and have found a few new/different things. Worth a go from time to time.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:11 pm

I heard somewhere Mathias Rust is now working as an air-steward.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:28 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:I heard somewhere Mathias Rust is now working as an air-steward.

Sound possible. His minor part in Hannah Med H was about 6 years ago and we can't seem to find anything about him since.

After my recent flights in Australia I'm all in favour of good air-stewards/flight attendants. Never did get my last cup of coffee. Let's hope he's a bit brighter than his Johan character or it might be another brief career. :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Spent a couple of fruitless hours trying to track down the other girls in the "in" crowd, Malin, Jenny, Sara and Sabina and it looks like they've all gone to live with Bengtsson on Potos.

Doesn't seem to be any film work at all for any of them after FÅ which is a bit of a pity.

Even the unnamed ice hockey coach (Karl Strandlind) worked behind the scenes with Lucas on Lilya 4-ever and A Hole in My Heart.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:05 pm

fish wrote:
Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:I heard somewhere Mathias Rust is now working as an air-steward.
Let's hope he's a bit brighter than his Johan character or it might be another brief career. :lol:

Ian Hult :lol:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Ian Hult :lol:

Now that's just so very cruel. :shock:
Funny as hell.
But cruel.

(Sorry Ian) :( :oops:
Fish
fish
Crew Member